- Information we may collect from you
- Uses made of your information
- Additional information
- Cookies and similar technology
- Information sharing
This website is operated by VIZN, which is a trading name of Leadlinker Ltd (we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 07763682, and our registered office is at 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller of the personal data you submit via the website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information such as your name, email address, location, credit/debit card numbers, work experience, professional skills, education, employment history, awards and accreditations, details relating to content that you upload to the website such as type of equipment used and location data extracted from your content, that you provide by completing forms on the website, including if you register as a user of the website, subscribe to our newsletter, upload or submit any material via the website, or request any information;
- information in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details in relation to any account plan requested by you or of any other transactions made by you through the website;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the website or its content;
Uses made of your information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to process your account plan;
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the website and which you request;
- make certain details about your work experience, professional skills, education, employment history, awards and accreditation in your public profile on the website available to all users of the website. You can choose which information you would or would not like to be made public by adjusting your public profile privacy settings within your account;
- administer your account with us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online in respect of the services offered through the website;
- analyse the use of the website and the people visiting in order to improve our content and services including research into our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including receipt of marketing communications such as our periodic newsletter provided you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted for these purposes;
When you visit the website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies and similar technology
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- remember that you have used the website before - this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive and allows us to make sure that we have enough capacity for the number of users we get;
- allow you to navigate the website more quickly and easily;
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the website;
- store your preferences and remember your subscription plan;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the website for you;
- collect statistical information about how you use the website so that we can improve the website;
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the website. a) Our cookies
|Cookie name||Purpose||Duration||Type and duration|
|_vizn_session||To Allow a user to login and signout of Vizn, and all relevent Vizn Services||1 Year||1 Year|
b) Third party cookies Cookies are also set by third parties on the website or by us using third party code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website.
|Cookie name||Purpose||Duration||Type and duration|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||2 years||2 Year|
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the website, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person).
The website may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such websites.
We only receive a notification token from Braintree advising us whether your payment has or has not been authorised.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Data storage and international transfers
Information that you submit via the website may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA. If you make contact with any third parties or business featured on the website your details may be transferred outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the website, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- via the website;
- by email to: privacy@VIZN.com;
- write to us at: VIZN, Leadlinker Limited, 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.